· 4-5 medium potatoes, peeled and cubed 4 stalks celery, chopped
· 1/2 pound baby carrots, sliced
· 2-3 cans minced clams, with juice
· 1 large can chunky clam chowder soup
· 1-8 oz package of cream cheese, softened
· 1 medium sweet onion, chopped
· 4 oz Smokehouse Bacon, chopped
· 1 tsp. celery salt
· whole milk, optional
· salt and pepper, to taste
1. In a large stock pot, combine potatoes, celery and carrots. Add water to cover. Bring to a boil and cook vegetables until tender. Drain the vegetables and return to pot.
2. In a large saucepan, combine the clam chowder soup, softened cream cheese, onion, clams with juice, and seasonings. Add chopped Bacon. Stir well until cream mixture is heated through.
3. Add cream cheese mixture to vegetables. Stir well. Stir often as the cream cheese will settle to the bottom of the pot. Add whole milk to thin to desired consistency if desired.
4. Simmer until ready to serve.
5. Serve with finger sandwiches and garlic breadsticks.